Welcome to the Austrian Railway Group!
We are a friendly society based in the UK for anyone interested in any
aspect of the railways of Austria. We cater for all tastes and
interests, from mainline to narrow gauge to tramways, and from the real
thing to scale models and model railways.
We share information, advice, news and reports on the Austrian rail
scene through our high quality quarterly printed journal, this website
and our online eGroup. We thrive on the contributions of members. Why
not look at the benefits of
membership and join us?
Latest ARG News:
The ARG Stand will be at the Mirfield Model Railway Exhibition on Saturday 18th May. The exhibition is to be held at the Parish Centre, Church Lane, Mirfield, West Yorkshire WF14 9HX.
Opening Times: 10am - 4pm, entry fee £5.00
Other Events Of Interest:
, Waldviertelbahn, Saturday 25th May, 2019.
SOMMERSONNENWENDE IN DER WACHAU
, Regiobahn Event, 22nd June, 2019.
Message from Harald Süß.
On the 18 August 2019
we will celebrate the “130 years Steyrtalbahn” anniversary . As we don´t know how many steam engines will be operable in the summer,
we´ll only organise a station festival in Grünburg. Services between Steyr and Grünburg will run as normal.
In Grünburg visitors may expect:
– an exhibition of steam and diesel locos, maintenance vehicles and post car F 8460.
– local rides operated by 3 Kleinwagen (X 610, X 616, X626/VT 95) from Grünburg to Waldneukirchen and back between 10.00 and 17.00.
– a jumble sale of railway books.
– maybe a stand of FerroTrain
– catering service
– train mailing with postmarking in F 8460 on the 17.00 service from Grünburg to Steyr.
Mr. Neumann, from FerroTrain, also told me he plans to produce Kleinwagen X616.901 and X616.903 from the Steyrtalbahn (and others of type X616) in correct livery for the occasion.