Welcome to the Austrian Railway Group!
We are a friendly society based in the UK for anyone interested in any aspect of the railways of Austria. We cater for all tastes and interests, from mainline to narrow gauge to tramways, and from the real thing to scale models and model railways.
We share information, advice, news and reports on the Austrian rail scene through our high quality quarterly printed journal, this website and our online eGroup. We thrive on the contributions of members. Why not look at the benefits of membership and join us?
Latest ARG News:
Members Password. Please refer to the latest journal for the password to the journal archive.
New Video links. Eric Kemp has kindly sent through links to videos he has published on YouTube, as follows:
- A Selection of Stations between Feldkirch and Innsbruck, Austria, 1970/'94/'99
- Zell am See and the 760mm gauge Pinzgaubahn to Krimml (Austria), 1992/2000
- Steeg-Gosau Bahnhof (Salzkammergutbahn, Austria): Part 1, general views (1994-2004) and goods trains
- Steeg-Gosau Bahnhof (Salzkammergutbahn, Austria): Part 2, Passenger Trains (2000-2004)
- From Bischofshofen to Schladming on the Ennstalbahn (Austria), 1992 to 2000
- From Scharnitz to Hochzirl on the Karwendelbahn in Austria, 1970/1999
- From Attnang-Puchheim to Stainach-Irdning on the Salzkammergutbahn in Austria, 1992-2004
These should prove of interest to anyone interested in modelling Austrian Railways or those with a general interest Austrian Railways. A link has also be added to Eric's own model railway. These and other videos can be accessed by clicking on the Link shortcut in the menu.
Other News, Events & Items Of Interest: